Selected recent publications
- Irving, R.A., Dawson, T.P. & Koldewey, H. 2015. The Pitcairn Islands – The case for protecting their marine environment. Pacific Conservation Biology 21(2): 110-112.
- Haynes, T., Bell, J., Saunders, G., Irving, R., Williams, J. and Bell, G. 2014. Marine Strategy Framework Directive Shallow Sublittoral Rock Indicators for Fragile Sponges and Anthozoan Assemblages. JNCC Report 524, ISSN 0963 8091
- Irving, R.A. & Dawson, T.P. 2013. The coral reefs of the Pitcairn Islands. In: C. Sheppard (ed.) Coral Reefs of the United Kingdom Overseas Territories. Springer. pp 299-318.
- Irving, R.A. 2013. Ascension Island’s hermatypic but non reef-building corals. In: C. Sheppard (ed.) Coral Reefs of the United Kingdom Overseas Territories. Springer. pp 213-222.
- Irving, R. A. & Northen, K.O. 2012. Condition Assessment Monitoring for Reefs, Isles of Scilly European Marine Site – Diving Survey June 2011. Natural England Commissioned Report NECR104. Sea-Scope Marine Environmental Consultants.
- Irving, R.A. & Hiscock, K. 2010. The status of the sunset cup coral Leptopsammia pruvoti at Lundy. Journal of the Lundy Field Society, 2: 67-84.
- Irving, R.A. 2009. The identification of the main characteristics of stony reef habitats under the Habitats Directive. Report of an inter-agency workshop 26-27 March 2008, Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Peterborough. JNCC Report No.432.
- Northen, K.O. & Irving, R.A. 2008. An Atlas of selected marine habitats and species listed on Section 42 of the NERC Act 2006. Countryside Council for Wales, Contract Science Report No: 833, 72pp. + appendices.
Selected earlier publications
- Irving, R.A. 2007. Lundy’s marine life – a balancing act of protecting and promoting. In: Lundy Studies –Proceedings of the 60th Anniversary Symposium of the Lundy Field Society, 23 September 2006, pp81-102. Edited by Prof. Jennifer George.
- Jones, L.A., Irving, R.A., Cork, M., Coyle, M.D., Evans, D, Gilliland, P.M. & Murray, A.R. 2004.South Western Peninsula Marine Natural Area Profile: A contribution to regional planning and management of the seas around England. Peterborough, English Nature.
- Irving, R.A. 2003. Volunteer participation in marine surveys. Report to English Nature by Sea-Scope Marine Environmental Consultants. English Nature Research Report No. 556.
- Irving, R.A. 1995 – 1997. Chapter 4.2: The sea bed. In: Coasts and Seas of the United Kingdom. ed. by J.H. Barne, C.F. Robson, S.S. Kaznowska, J.P. Doody & N.C. Davidson. 16 volumes. Peterborough, Joint Nature Conservation Committee. (Coastal Directories Series).
- Irving, R.A., Jamieson, J., & Randall, J. 1995. Notes on the reef fishes of Henderson Island, Pitcairn Islands Group. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, 56: 329-338.
- Irving, R.A. 1993. Too much a good thing: nutrient enrichment in the U.K’s inland and coastal waters. Godalming, Worldwide Fund for Nature UK, October 1993. 99 pp.